View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default myasthenia gravis-neuro appointment today

Kathie,
Yes I do have an eye that drooped terrible at first. It was the first symptom that scared me enough to make me go see the eye dr. Once my pred was bumped up to 60 mg a day it went away. I am now down to 20 mg every other day and it only bothers me when I am really tired. I was at the Neuros yesterday and it started tiring out after about a minute which I was happy with considering it used to take about 15 seconds at the most. He told me we have got to get me off the pred because he thinks it is causing my depression, memory loss, etc. Today was my first dose at 20 mg I have been at 25 for about a month now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the droopy eye doesn't come back. He took me off the cellcept and said if the droopiness comes back we will need to start Imuran. I am hoping I can keep everything under control with the mestinon alone in the future. I undersand wanting off the pred!!! I do too. It had me fooled for a while but the good effects were short lived and then the bad started coming on. I have so many side effects I can't even list them all. I was so thankful that he is ready to wean me off of it.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
The Chef (04-28-2020)