View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I guess it's that old chestnut that psychotherapists often call their patients "clients" (that is if they themselves are not doctors). It's a subtle thing, but a newly diagnosed person might be sensitive about being plunged into the world of Patienthood, with all that implies, and more than likely is still adjusting to the whole idea of suddenly being part of this pessimistic category.

You know, in this world we need every bit of optimism and faith we can grab - I often wonder how we all would have done if our communities had rallied around us with every expectation that somehow we would get better and improve, rather than being separated out, with all voices of medical authority - even the girl at the desk - reflecting back our expected failure and demise. It's a really hard sentence to commute, even with the best behavior.

What about: Studied Group and Control Group - studied is not quite right, but something meaning investigated, or some other word like that...help me out here someone....
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote