View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is a very real need to treat RSD patients differently than any others because this disease is so much different than almost any others. Yeah, I know that there are some that are pretty similar in many ways especially in the short term. I know that there are other pain conditions which also need special treatment and I don't envy these folks their problems.

But RSD crushes life in a way that is different. It saps the spirit and takes the wind out of the sails. It causes a pain that is excrutiating to even contemplate and fear that never really goes away.

I don't know what the proper treatment protocol is. I'm not even convinced that the pain is even harmful to the degree it can be tolerated. All I know for certain is my own experience and this is that triggers must be identified and avoided. It's obvious we need to stay as busy as humanly possible and exercise at least as much as it doesn't cause pain immediately or later on. It's pretty obvious that there are medications which make this condition tolerable and will allow a sort of life if we can do it in between the raindrops or the tossing upon the waves. I don't know if it's fortunate or unfortunate that none of the powerful painkillers seem to help. It certainly has saved me from needing to experience the kind of problems mentioned here. When you're already fragile as glass you certainly don't need a doctor who uses a surgical two by four.

This pain is so horrible it's just inhuman to make people suffer it when it can be alleviated. It would be mighty nice to have a register of those who need access to these medications. Doctors might need to monitor their patients a little more closely but it's hard to believe that this would open up the flood gates and result in millions of dollars worth of illicit drugs on the streets.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-11-2010)