View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry you are feeling abandoned Coffeegirl. I can't say what is normal...everybody has a different path and everybody has their own relationships that will be different than yours. I do drive myself to my annual MRIs, but I don't have vertigo/nausea problems as part of my MS. I am pretty sure my wife would be willing to drive me and wait if I asked her to, but I might have to work with her schedule a bit when setting up my appt.

Would it be possible to take a cab or use public transportation to avoid having to drive yourself? I sense that maybe the transportation thing is just the tip of the iceberg for you though and I don't really know how to help you get through to DH.

All I can do is caution you not to take the anger and resentment you are feeling and start viewing his every action through the lens of those feelings. It can make simple actions and words seem like alot more when they are viewed through a veil of resentment. It could be that he is just selfish and you are fiding that out when you need him, or there could be other hidden stresses causing him to act that way.

It could be that he feels pressure to make sure he keeps his job if your MS is making you unable to work (or could in the future). I have been in situations where I was feeling alot of pressure at work and knew I needed to put in extra hours and work extra hard to make sure I wasn't on the block for layoffs. I never talked to my wife about it because I knew it would stress her out too. It wasn't until I found out she thought I was unhappy with her that I figured out that bottling up the stress and pressure had led me to treat her differently and she misunderstood the cause.

Sorry you are going through this and wish we could help more...
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-28-2010), Jules A (04-28-2010), Lady (04-28-2010), Pink (04-29-2010), Riverwild (04-28-2010), SallyC (04-28-2010)