Thread: Still here
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sadly Alison- I know this all too well. My doctors never warned me that i could become worse better than I had become better. I wonder if they ever said that to you guys.

Im 17, maybe its different. Yet I had my thymectomy, and had a thymoma the size of a baseball which never even showed on a CT scan. Supposedly it grew in 2 months. Unsure of how that happened. Yet I was ordered to have 6 rounds of PLEX before my surgery because i wouldnt have made it through if not. (supposdely) So, i did, and after surgery I got collapsed lung and had an extended stay. Yet thats not the problem. I begin to develop worse symptoms about 3 months out, chewing and swallowing problems, along with hardly being able to walk, and went to the ER. Mind you this has happened about 5 times over a 4-6 month period. About once a month since november. I had my thymectomy in september.

Sorry it might seem very confusing. But I understand what you are going through, and how hard this is.

But ive just had to have my 32 plasmapheresis session a few weeks ago, and thats all the can seem to figure out. I would also hold off on pred and imuran. Im on pred and cellcept, and the sideaffects are HORRIBLE and nothing is working yet.

Hope your husband is faring well.
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote