View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I sympathize with you Coffegirl. When I was diagnosed I had gone down to the neuro lab at the hospital for my brand new neuro to do an ENG. Afterwards she told me she would be up in my room in about 30 minutes. So I got up in my room, my whole fam was there. Oldest daughter had come from college, parents were there with my husband. So he immediatley leaves!!!!!!! He has never met my neuro. He says that he married me in sickness and in health, asks about my appointments when I get home, makes sure I take my meds. He worked longer than he wanted to at a job he didn't like just because they had great health benefits.

It's just that the physical hugs, going to appointments aren't there. So I take what he will give me. He was brought up in an emotional void of a family and I was brought up in a total opposite--'your problem is mine and what can we do to make it better type atmosphere'.

I know he loves me and takes care of me. He makes sure I have an electric scooter or my wh/ch when we go on a trip and he is the first to tell me to take it easy. He just handles it an a different way. I'm just glad I have no problems at all in driving and can drive myself to my own MRIs.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (04-28-2010)