View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for all the advice for my neuro visit, but sadly my appointment was a bust.
My neuro figures I'll be fine with this new injury, he didn't really do anything. no tests, changed one of my medications again, didn't even let me say anything about my symptoms that have changed in the past few months since i've seen him, before or after the accident. it was a 15 minute visit. pretty much the same as every time I've seen him...pbblt

I still don't know how I'd go about getting these tests which really doesn't help with the fact that everyone still doesn't want to do any tests.. blek.

But my mother did freak out and take me to the ER at one point last week because my Neurosurgeon that is dealing with my broken neck said to do that if any new symptoms arose and I got my jaw checked out (pain from my neck brace pushing on it), a new CT scan done and they've made sure there is nothing "physically" wrong with my brain (no bleeding, bruising)(also have bone fragments pressing against my vertebral artery--causing facial numbness and twitching among other things), and they did a few blood tests but I'm not sure what they tested. probably just general stuff? And now my mom says we'll never go back unless I'm on the verge of death

actually when I had the accident I was going *way* too fast on loose gravel and I hit the ditch (I love driving fast..) ~ I remember that, but I don't remember the actual rolling. from the looks of the ditch I probably rolled 4 or 5 times and from what I remember with the time on the clock and from the time I was found I'm thinking I was unconcious for about 20-30 minutes. A big chunk of my hair is stuck in the window and now I've got a big alflalfa sprout on my head :P I also had to get my right ear stitched up because it almost got ripped in half. it was pretty delicious anyway I won't be driving for 3 months atleast now until I get this big neck brace/collar off. luckily i didn't get put in a halo

And yeah, now this whole medication thing... :X bleh. It's just really complicated and doesn't even really help... ~ But you all know about these things ~

Anyways, here I go rambling again, thanks for the responses and support through this little.. relapse? Pffft
Waste of Kaitlyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote