View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile Welcome

DA it is nice to meet you and chat at night. It is tough battling this monster and especially when doctors approach it as treating symptoms not the tool it takes on the life of a person.

WE battled w/c for almost 13 years, riding their roller coaster. One thought I have is neurontin and wight gain, there are other med's similar that hjelp and do not gain wright. A few i have used are topomax and zanaflex. Both ahve to be started at the most smallest rate, even cutting in half and build it up over weeks and months.
I have vailum as needed for muscle spasms. I use small dose, half most days and incrase on flare days. It is the truest muscle relaxant per my neurolgist.

I also have percocete and darvocet that I can use per needed and days I work, I need. It is difficult to work with TOS and I have two thoughts, if accomadations are OK and you are able, it is good for psyche, tough on physical body! work is cummlative and takes its toll. I have emailed with several tosers taht work and it is extremly devestating when they use the computer or arms at work.

I don't know of many members out that way, Dabbo is the closest in mind and not sure what area right now. Tenn. I think. IT is great to have more men on the forum, but sad under the circumstances.

IN our state PA we can treat with any doctor after 6 months of their doctor. Having a team that works and supports you isntead of battling for their interst the insurance carrier for you employer is more supportive and provides better care. W/C and your care are not their priority! They want to minimize your injury, do not want a disability of total with you out of work, although that may be the best thing to heal.

Then there are the IME's they send you to and games they play when the injury does not go away in 6 months.
Again welcome and nice to be a part of your road with TOS.
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote