View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default search this forum

[QUOTE=DC48;649576]My Primary doctor suspects I have Parkinsons, I have a two month wait to see a neuro. I really am frustrated with not knowing an answer. I am looking for other information.

This is what is going on:

I have head tremor (comes and goes, lasts sometimes for days or weeks and not while I am moving around) looks like head bobbing.
Hand tremor, not as noticable as the head but interferes with doing things.

Problems with proprioception, I am very clumsy now when I type, hit the wrong keys all the time and also drop things a lot and bump into doorways.

I have drooling.

I am very stiff when I have been sitting any length of time have trouble getting up and moving.

I am in my late forties.

Do these symptoms sound like Parkinsons?[/QUOTE

There are a lot of posts here about early symptoms and it would do you good to read through them, PD is incredibly varied and no two folk are alike.

having said that, I will say that head tremor is usually not associated with PD, in my reading...it is, however, associated with essential tremor. Ii would read up on that as well.

You should also know that worrying can make anything and everything worse, your body can even create symptoms that you think you have...just remember the dads who get morning sickness, ankle swelling, etc. when their wives are expecting. They obviously are not pregnant, but their body manifests physical symptoms as if they are! So do some research and try to put your mind at ease.

This forum is just the best at the wealth of information available here. Avail yourself of it and let us all know how things go, and good luck.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote