View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default nonepileptic seizures

Mark,
We too underwent a rough time getting diagnosed with NES (nonepileptic seizures). Fortunately, more people understand better than the above person who says it's faking. They have no idea how much harm that causes. The real cases of fake is rare. My daughter was almost overdosed twice with meds to stop her NES. Because it doesn't show on the EEG or MRI - it's tougher for medical people to understand. Psychologists can't deal very well with all the medical implications - so it's a catch 22. We also live in Colorado. She was diagnosed at Swedish, they gave the NES diag. and said "seeking counseling" meanwhile it was multiple trips to the ER and a nightmare. The medical/psychological world is very unprepared to deal with this. Many did try, but ultimately it was us as parents who had to research and keep looking for answeres.
She did not have as severe psychological issues as your son, but it was still very complicated.
I encourage you to search under gluten allergy, seizures, wheat allergy seizures. I stumbled upon this last September and she has not had one seizure since. She's had some exposure and it has caused muscle tremors. I recent found an article about gluten and mental illness. It addressed many of her symptoms. Google drkaslow and look under gluten brain connection. I am too new on the site to give a link. It took us 3 years to see some improvement, I hope yours is much sooner!

Hang in there and keep looking. You are your son's best advocate!
skimomma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-09-2010), Mark56 (04-29-2010), numbum46 (05-23-2010), RhiannonsMoon (06-20-2011)