View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

JulieC,

Sorry you've had such a rough time. Glad you found this forum, it is a wonderful source of information and support. Mark gave you great advice, I'm sure others will be along and add more. My injury was about 7 months ago and I'm slowly improving. Don't give up hope even when it seems like things aren't getting better. I've learned to look at my progress in terms of months not days or weeks.

I'm glad you have good insurance, that sure helps. Echoing Mark, you have to be your own advocate, even the good doctors don't know everything and this stuff can be quite complicated. The tbi guide Mark mentioned is great to share with your family so they can understand more of what you're dealing with and how to support you. My husband is very supportive and helpful but sometimes he still doesn't get it, that's where this forum is so great, people here really understand.

Sounds like you're a mom with kids, so am I. I know how hard it is to slow down and let some things go but you'll recover better if you do all you can to decrease the demands on yourself, avoid stress, get good nutrition (there are some great posts on supplements), and rest as much as you can.

Take care,

Becca
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (04-29-2010)