View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry but "Boys will be boys" is a BS answer. Boys need to learn the difference between inside behavior & inside voices compared to what is allowable outside. Like I said I have 3 grandson's & they are all brothers, 8, 7 & 4 yrs old, & they sure as heck do NOT act like this 8 yr old. Sounds like this kid has pretty much had the run of the show & is just plain spoiled for what ever reason. I have raised a very rambunctious boy myself & I certainly did NOT let him run & jump in my home. It just isn't acceptable behavior for any child to do those things in my opinion. Whether it causes you more pain or not I would put my foot down *LOL* but that is me.

Especially when he comes in & right away just jumps right beside you. He is testing you big time. He deserved to be yelled at. I think your BF is having a problem with this because he feels he is being told basically that his parenting style isn't working for you. Do you suppose that might be some of his reaction? Besides what works for a single Dad isn't what works for the woman of the house. I can totally see a single Dad with a son letting him do the running, stomping, jumping & hollering throughout the house. I can see how it is totally acceptable to him. But I sure don't know of any woman who would look at it as being acceptable behavior, let alone acceptable for someone in RSD pain like you are. Try to approach the BF with this thought in mind & try to point this out to him. Maybe going this route will get him to see your point better. I sure would hate to see you have to breakup with him & not get married because you two can't agree on how his kids behavior needs to be modified. One thing that worked with my son was when we involved him in the discussion of what was ok & what was not. And if he slipped what did he think would be a good discipline for him so he could learn to remember. Has it been explained to this kid why he needs to settle down while inside?

Good Luck Holly!! I really hope you all can come to some agreement.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote