View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have heard people telling me that they have had the post spinal tap headache. My cousin Billy Boy once had a hernia operation. He had a spinal for that. They told him, don't pick up your head.

He stupidly did and he went crazy and they had to give him morphine.

So after the spinal tap, and he rests in recovery, and we get on the access-a-ride, it's about a 30 minute ride till we get home. What do I do?. Do I sit behind him and hold his head still. Honestly, we don't have anyone to pick us up. We have no family. So we are all we have. The doctor assured me that if he rests in recovery from the 10 a.m. procedure, he should be good to go home at 2 p.m. and once he gets home, all he has to do is lie down for the rest of the day. Is that good enough?.

Also, (and I just called the neuro-radiology dept because Alan had a very good question. He has trouble lying still because of his PN. I told him "but you had an angioplasty and a stenting, and you were fine" and he told me "they gave me morphine, don't you remember?? I said "oh, yeah"!!

So what does a person with PN do when they have to lie still and they can't lie still for 2 hours. Can he move his legs a bit after the spinal tap?

I thought it was just the head you couldn't pick up.

Any thoughts? Thanks,
Melody

P,.S.

He just came home from the gym at 4 p.m. . I immediately took his blood sugar as soon as he came in the door. It was 103. He had eaten a muffin 40 minutes before coming home and he had been exercising for 3 hours and then had the muffin. So he got to the gym at 11:30 a.m. began exercising, did it for 3 hours, had a muffin, came home 40 minutes later and his sugar was 103. Mean anything????

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote