View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I never pay for the gimp store's high-priced batteries. I go straight to Batteries Plus and they even install them into the pack for my stupid fingers. It's about half the cost of the dealer's same batteries; there are only a small handful of battery manufacturers in the world, chances are, you're buying the same ones under a custom label*.

Sal, many types of batteries have an expected number of charge cycles whether fully or partially charged each time. Some types can be re-calibrated by running them completely out (TOTALLY DEAD) and then charging (uninterrupted) for about 16 straight hours. It's not the same for different types so find out if yours are lead acid, lithium ion, cold gel, etc. when you get them and make sure you ask for the best way to ensure maximum lifetime.

*Mattresses are another one of these parity products with custom fabrics or labels, that's how all the big sellers can offer their famous "if you find the same one elsewhere for less..." Good luck finding the same one elsewhere.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (04-29-2010), tamiloo (05-08-2010)