Thread: Just curious
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Joanne,

I wonder if you could put together a job where you facilitate the adoption of rescued animals over the internet. Just an occasional visit to the shelters to get pictures to post with a reasonable locator fee per animal. Often, those too close to an organization get stuck in the bureaucracy.

You could also try to establish it as a pet finder operation. Prospective pet owners who are too busy during the work day to visit the shelters could put in a wish lists. You could help them with their choice by interviewing the family and home.

As you know, many rescues are the result of bad decision making on the part of the new pet owner.

I would bet there are opportunities to benefit others who are overloaded with their job duties, whether they are at the shelters or the prospective owners. Your contacts and experience should open a few doors.

Such an endeavor could be just what you need to augment disability income and keep you 'alive.'

I've been hoping to set up an old fashioned 'fix it shop' and fix things that are usually thrown away. I can fix almost anything. It would give me a chance to have people come to me for personal contact. Difficult otherwise since I do not drive anymore.

What are your strong skill sets and passions?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote