View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New, young, kind of confused

Hi,

I just turned 23 and got a test from my neurology to test for MG. I am awaiting my results but so far i have 0 diagnosis and am terribly ill so anything's possible. I had an EMG and a NCS (which btw, were TERRIBLE TERRIBLE tests) and he said it would test 3 things. Carpel tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome and nerve flow in general and myasthenia gravis.

I have been dealing with neurological/muscular weakness for 4 years along with fatigue and what seems to be nervous system dysfunction (wired for a few days unable to sleep, and then tired and fatigued for a few days, etc.) The neurological issues started with tingling and crawling sensations in my face and then progressed to weakness when i hold certain positions. It gets worse with exertion. Most recently i had general anesthesia surgery and ever since then i got really sick neurologically and could not walk without my legs shaking trembling etc. I have no idea how it happened and got hit blindside one day.

Currently am housebound and though i just finished up my university studies (barely) i am unable to take care of myself and really left with 0 diagnosis so far.

I would like to know what the symptoms are for MG and if it is only primarily neurological/muscular weakness or if it involves other things like anxiety, blood sugar issues, gluten intolerance, etc. and what the mode of treatment is. I can't deny that i'm scared and waiting my results but regardless of whether i have MG or not, i feel it would serve me best if i knew and kind of braced myself for the possibility of it.

Thank you.
Davidlovescereal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote