View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
I would suggest you call no more than once a week or every 10 days. Hope you are not calling everyday. That is like the kid in the back seat asking "are we there yet?" every 10 miles. Doesn't make the decision happen any faster.

Your other post said it was 8 weeks from when the attorney called. What is the date of the written decision? Payment is generally 30-90 days from that date, not the verbal ok. Verbal approvals cannot be paid, only written decisions.
What happens was I hade a court date for april 20th after talking to my Atty she said if I wrote up a financail hardship letter that she would put a call into the judge and also send him a letter and all my records so the judge got my papers on Monday and on wensday my atty called me and said that I hade won my case and did not have to go to court and that because of the hardship I should have my check within 4 to 8 weeks and I was all set so after 3weels went by I called the judges office ans spoke to his manager she was nice but said that it could to up to 120 day to get my award I told her I was told it would be like 6 weeks because of the hardship she said she did not notice it was on my papers and to just check back in every so often so I called her 2 more tomes in 3 weeks then I read that if u make them mad they could change you ruling so I have not called agin but now I call my local soc sec office every week to see if they have any papers yet and nothing so I have put 3 calls into my atty and still have not got a call back so I will call her office every hour till she calls me tomarrow lol mabe that will work I have like 4 weeks nd I will be living in my car so I am very worried anddont get much sleep I prey every day and then go online to check my bank acct I just hope my Tty was right on the timeframe she gave me she has not lied to my yet but we will see I just am out of time and money at this point so any suggestions would be a big help take care to all

Walkerslbje
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote