View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default So Many Are Suffering

I am so amazed at how many of us are out there with trigeminal neuralgia and not just dealing with that pain but dealing with problems with medications and bad outcomes from surgeries and procedures. I am trying to find out how many folks who had an MVD had facial numbness after? How long did it last for you?
Also, did anyone come out of the surgery pain free and then a couple months later the pain returned?
I am trying to find out how to contact the person on this forum called Burnt-Marshmallow. She sent me a very nice welcome note when I first signed on and it helped to read her story. I was interested in finding out more about the neuro stimulator she had implanted?
More questions: Does anyone take Topomax? If so how much? I was recently started on it and I am up to 50mg daily? Haven't seen much result--I eat less. (One good side effect of all the meds I take)
So---let me know if any of you had a long post operative phase of more than 5 months. My surgeon is saying that I should be better by now---but I have talked to other people who took almost a year for the numbness to wear off. I also spoke to one girl who got pain like I did and then several months later it went away. I am looking for some insight. Thanks.
Oh--Burntmarshmallow--if you are out there---let me know---and let me know about the neuro stimulator. Thanks.
I wish pain free moments to all.
linnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (04-30-2010)