View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 05:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
Has anybody had their wisdom teeth out with rsd?? I have it in my right side of my body, and my wisdom teeth need to come out... Thanks

Hannah
Hi Hannah,

I have not had my wisdom teeth out while having RSD but I have had a lot of problems with my teeth since the RSD came along. My PM Doctor recommended the least work the better, for example I lost some teeth in the back and wanted to get inplants but was advised both my the dentist and my pm doctor not to do it. So I went with what they call a fixed bridge, one that does not come in and out. Also my PM doctor recommended that I go to a dental school. Your probably saying WHAT just like I did. Let me explain. The reason he said that is that most dentist don't no what RSD is and how to handle a patient when doing dental work. But when you go to a dental school they have Pain doctors on staff and all the necessary anthestic(spelling) if needed and in case of a emergencey the hospital is right there. And they just don't throw you to a student. You have a student,who has there MD already,and there doing there resident training and hen you have a normal dentist who never leaves there side. I have to say going to the dental school has been a blessing. Everything that is scheduled to be done first goes through thre PM Department then I go to the special conditions department for the dental work. The dentist that is assigned to me is wonderful. I have had the fixed bridge done and some other minor things with not one problem and no additional pain. My RSD is upper extremity so I think its more of a concern when it's upper extremity versus a foot or leg etc. And the best part the cost is a fraction of what a private dentist charges. They base the charges on your income. So it's really inexpensive.

To get to the point I would make sure your dentist is aware of what RSD is and understands it. My PM doctor spoke to my private dentist, who never even heard of RSD and then told me to go to the dental school.

Good Luck,

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hannah1234 (05-01-2010)