View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Figures are not always what they seem.........

Hi Ron,
Just wanted to say that perhaps the differential in rates between India and US/UK figures is as likely to be do do with the incidence of undiagnosed PD as the use of turmeric.
That is not to say that I discount curcumin, it has powerful antibiotic properties and is used in ayurvedic preparations.

I just think that looking at figures from countries with less developed health care and high poverty levels does not give a true picture of the incidence, for this you would have to correlate it with the figures for people who actually have access to medical treatment. Even then I doubt if you would come up with anything like the true incidence.

Even in the UK there are people, mainly older, who do not get treated for PD, either because they do not seek help for what they see as the problem of getting older, or because there is still a stigma attached to PD and they do not want the baggage that come along with it, or worse, to be seen as a disease and not a person. I know of at least two people who fall into this bracket........ There's a lot still to be done for PD awareness....

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote