View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the ideas I'm going to see what I can try and go from there . . . . I think my bf is starting to come around, yesterday I took the afternoon off work so I could get some rest when things were quiet at home. The kid wasn't suppposed to be home until 6pm, so I laid in bed and my bf went out to the store. Not 5 minutes after he left, his mom brings his son home, about 3:15pm. My bf was really upset and is now beggining to see that my frustrations with this situation are real, and do need to be resolved. The reason the kid came home early? He told his grandma he wanted to. So she brings him, no call, no nothing, just does what the kid wants her to do . . . . So he is very much used to getting what he wants, when he wants, so that is going to have to change, and we are going to work on some better structure at the house.

I'm going to talk to my doctor, I see him next week. In the past he's wanted me to take some lyrica when I get a flare, I don't take lyrica on a regular basis because I feel all zombie like and hungover on it. Well, I also seem to get violent in my sleep when I take it So that is a no go . . . . Currently the only treatment modalities I have when things get bad are my regular scheduled meds, tens unit, relaxation, and rest . . . .

What sorts of meds or other treatments do you guys find useful for breakthrough pain/flares? I know everyone will react differntly to all the meds and treatments, but I want to be able to suggest something to my doc. He isn't really that educated about treatements for crps.
hollyk24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote