View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default yay! steroids! (actually...ewww...steroids!)

My doctor just prescribed some oral steroids for what's going on this week. (numbness in very important areas we wont mention, pain from the numbness, weakness in legs)

I'm excited, but I'm also annoyed that I have to take the steroids. (there goes my ability to sleep for the next couple of weeks) They taste gross, they cause me problems with things.

I wanna take them, but I dont wanna take them.

This is the third time since last June that I've been Rx some steroids. (june I had the expensive IVSM, in October I had the $5 bottle of oral) Fourth time I've ever had to take steroids. (had a Rx for oral 'roids in 2007 for some vertigo) I'm pretty much assured that I'll have problems in the future from having to take steroids.

The IVSM worked great last summer. (had a vision problem), but in October, the oral did absolutely nothing except for help make the nerve pain go away that was making my arm feel like it was being crushed.

I'm worried that the oral wont do anything for this numbness either, this numbness is a lot worse than the numb hand was. My back hurts, and it feels like my spine is being squeezed down in the low back. I feel like I can barely walk. I HAD to use a grocery cart at the store last night. (stupid kid stole it from me when I was checking out. I made the cashier go get it back for me so I could get to my car) It's causing me other problems I wont go into, but mentioning that problem is probably why my really cool neuro is calling in the Rx for me.

I think I'll take my mom out for breakfast and pick up my steroids. (Mmmm! steroids for breakfast! Yuck!)

I really hate that the MS makes it necessary that I have to take steroids sometimes. This sucks.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-01-2010), Lady (05-01-2010)