View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The crime continues around the world, silence of the lambs

DRUG WAIT RILES BETH
BY LUCY JOHANNSOHN
27 Apr, 2010 04:00 AM
SHEFFIELD'S Beth Pagel cannot function without essential Parkinson's disease medication Sinemet CR.
There is a global shortage of the drug… Having received the last bottle of tablets from her pharmacy weeks ago, Ms Pagel said she now faced the prospect of searching for an alternative medication to control the debilitating condition.
"Without Sinemet CR I can't move," she said.
"I hate to think what this will mean for hundreds of people with this disease who have been taking this medication for years."…
Bottles of the drug are being sold on online auction sites such as eBay for exorbitant prices….
http://www.theadvocate.com.au/news/l...h/1813123.aspx

March 25,2010 Parkinson’s UK Forum
Shortage !! Not available they told me ..
SO WHAT DO I DO ?

It's all about quotas !!

Today I have received a supply of the elusive Sinemet after chasing, phone calls and worrying... they came just in time.. success due to excellent and helpful pharmicist..
Worrying Times eh !!
http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/pdsforu...-woops-annesel

Posted - 01 Apr 2010 12:47
I have a similar problem with Sinemet 62.5. My chemist couldn't fill all of the prescription...

AnneG
April 3, 2010
I have had trouble this week with the Sinemet 62.5. I decided to take my prescription to Boots this week, because for the last two months the Sinemet Plus tablets that Pete also takes have been manufactured in Spain, I know that they are supposed to be the same, but I found the Spanish ones a tad chalky and the blister pack was extremely difficult to "pop" resulting in the tablets breaking in half. However, Boots had neither the 62.5 or the Sinemet Plus and therefore could not fill the prescription so I went back to my local chemist, but then they were unable to give me any Sinemet 62.5, they managed to source some from another branch, but said that the manufacturers were having difficulty producing these. Don't know what will happen next month.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lindylanka (05-01-2010)