View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock1 View Post
My pm doctor of 8 years just dropped me cold, without warning, and cut all meds just like that. Said he was afraid of "diversion". I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the visiting DEA agents. I had my pcp doctor refer me to another pain management clinic and they took me right away. Avoided a major set back just by the skin of my teeth.

So I was thinking... here is a list of things I'm sick of. Anyone else who can think of anything else, feel free to add to it!

I'm sick of feeling like a criminal every time I get my multiple pain med prescriptions filled, hoping that my pharmacist doesn't talk to loud about my so called "problem". At least that's what he likes to call it. Really?

I'm sick of having to pee in a cup every single time I go in for a pain management visit.

I'm sick of having to bring in all my prescription bottles to every pm doctor appointment just so they can count them. Really?

I'm sick of having to settle for a pain score of 5-6 when I know if my pm doctor was not afraid to prescribe properly, I could keep it at a 2-3 score.

I'm sick of DEA intimidation tricks that take away my ability to have my pain properly managed. My only consolation is the hope that every single DEA agent, cop or rent-a-cop will someday get a brutal case of RSD or at least a swift kick to the crotch that will give them everlasting pain.

I'm sick of not having access to my states so called, "Public Health Surveillance Program" that gives every medical provider full access to my pharmacy records. I want to know who has been snooping into my history. It's my health information and I want full access too!!

I'm sick of over hearing murmured words of "addict" and "seeker" coming from behind the check in desk at my pm doctors office. Is it because I have been there for so long? Really?

I am sick of being mis-represented as a chronic pain patient in every story that comes out in the media, headlined with, "91% of Chronic Pain Patients Abuse Prescriptions". SICK OF IT!

I'm sick of being accused of something I have never done or been guilty of doing. "Guilty until proven innocent" is the pm doctor's mantra.

I can only hope that in the near future they will require all pain management doctors to go through "pain management realism training". That would be where they attach a pair of vice grip pliers on the doctors arm nice and tight. Then every day, unexpectedly, someone walks up to them and cranks down the vice grip pliers another notch or so, until it becomes so excruciatingly, exquisitely painful they have to run to the emergency room only to be met with suspicion and accusations of "seeker" and "shopper". Oh ya, and did I mention the vice grip pliers are red hot and there is nothing you can do about it 24/7/365??

Allrightythen. I feel just a tad bit better.

Feel free to add a thing or two my friends.
Hi Jetjock1, Welcome to this wonderful group of compassionate and informed friends. We all need a place to and share our frustrations-we can learn so much from each other. It sounds like you are having a rough time with your meds. There has to be respect and trust from the Doctor to the patient. I wouldn't stand for it any other way. I've had RSD 15 years and seeing this last Dr. 6 years. He is a neurologist, pharmacologist, and psychiatrist. Good combination huh!
I can't help but wonder if you are a pilot? I recognize the plane. My son in law is a pilot for one of the commercial airlines. If you are, could it be your Dr. is scared of being involved in some future possible lawsuit. My daughter is a courtreporter and I know for a fact, some Drs. don't want to treat patients if they are involved in litigation or possible litigation. They hate going to court and being pulled into a suit.
Counting pills sounds like they are dealing with you like a street seller. Not right. You will find a Dr. that is respectful. Take care, and glad to have you join our supportive friendly group. One of your new friends, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote