Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

PCSLearner,

Thanks so much for sharing your daughter's experiences. I don't think I had read your PCS story (or hey, maybe I did and just forgot!), but I just went back and read about your daughter's injuries.

You were right - 10 minutes was far too much as a re-starting point for my exercise. Not only did it make my all my symptoms worse, it frustrated me more then words can explain. With your suggestions, I decided to try something much smaller today. I did 2 minutes, and so far things have been okay, my head does feel a bit 'spacey', but definitely not as bad as trying for 10 minutes. I sure felt silly being at the gym to ride the bike for that amount of time though But it felt great to exercise again, no matter how small it was! I guess you have to start somewhere. I hope I will be able to continue with small steps, and I know if I am able to slowly progress like your daughter it will be great for my confidence.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions about your daughter:

Does even a small amount of exercise increase any of her symptoms? For instance, if she starts feeling nausea during some light exercise does she stop right away? I am having trouble figuring out when to stop and when to keep going. In past sporting injuries it has always been possible to fight through it.

Does she do any other type of exercising? Any light core exercises, or maybe some easy strength training? I believe you mentioned yoga in one of your previous posts?

Thanks for sharing your opinions. All the best to you and your daughter.
kellym.14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote