View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No doubt the homeschooling is challenging, especially with a brain injury. At one point I wondered if it would be easier to just put them in school this year but ended up deciding it would be more work to shift everything around and we're surviving. Mark, nice to hear your kids are successful adults, isn't that what all parents want for their kids, homeschooled or not! :-)

My injury, well, it's a little embarrassing because it was careless and self-inflicted. I was trying to finish up a project in the back of my house, it was dark, I was in a hurry, thought I was clear of a deck, straightened up really hard into a beam. I was knocked silly but not unconscious. My husband was out of town so I just went to bed (pretty dumb in retrospect). This was my 5th concussion (the others were when I was a teenager from sports and incidents with cars) and I figured I'd be fine in a couple of days, so I didn't go to the doctor initially. I finally went to the doctor after 10 days and they diagnosed me with PCS. That was almost 7 months ago. Hard to believe this has gone on so long, who would've thought?

Last edited by BeccaP; 04-30-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: correction
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote