Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Good Point~

Quote:
Originally Posted by loretta View Post
Hi Jetjock1, Welcome to this wonderful group of compassionate and informed friends. We all need a place to and share our frustrations-we can learn so much from each other. It sounds like you are having a rough time with your meds. There has to be respect and trust from the Doctor to the patient. I wouldn't stand for it any other way. I've had RSD 15 years and seeing this last Dr. 6 years. He is a neurologist, pharmacologist, and psychiatrist. Good combination huh!
I can't help but wonder if you are a pilot? I recognize the plane. My son in law is a pilot for one of the commercial airlines. If you are, could it be your Dr. is scared of being involved in some future possible lawsuit. My daughter is a courtreporter and I know for a fact, some Drs. don't want to treat patients if they are involved in litigation or possible litigation. They hate going to court and being pulled into a suit.
Counting pills sounds like they are dealing with you like a street seller. Not right. You will find a Dr. that is respectful. Take care, and glad to have you join our supportive friendly group. One of your new friends, loretta
Well Wow! This would put a whole different 'twist' on your particular situation JetJock! I mean, as in 'insinuating circumstance' type thing!
The doctor completely cutting you off cold - I will never understand that, unless there were obvious legal reasons, but I see why you have such frustration.

IF, say, you ARE a pilot, or in a profession similar, in which renders you 'under a microscope', that would make a lot of this bureaucratic 'madness' come into a bit more of a perspective..... you'd be in a category that would require further scrutiny .......
certain professions require extensive background checking and things of that nature. This wouldn't be directly targeting 'YOU' as a 'badguy'.....it's just what comes with territory of being in certain positions of responsibility.
Right? ...or not? I'm not claiming to know beans, but Loretta brings up a good point and this would sort of make it clearer why someone other than medical personnel were tapping into your prescription records.
I'm certainly not implying one way or the other what should be considered 'right' or constitutional......but if this were your predicament....it would make things a bit more clear as to WHY you are having to jump thru these seemingly 'over-the-top' hoops........
.....well, either way....my heart does indeed go out to you. But, by seeing this situation in a different light, it should come somewhat as a comfort to you knowing that it's really not YOU so much......it's just that the position you are in may put you in a category of having to be scrutinized......
You aren't being perceived as a criminal......it may just be that you are a 'topgun' and perhaps it is some sort of government protocol.

Well, whatever the case may be.....you are in the RIGHT place to vent all you want! And you've got plenty of support backing you up.......those of us in general who take controlled substances have to accept (to a certain extent) that this is the way it is........thanks to the 'real' badguys who gave these meds the 'bad rap'..... it's a bummer. simple as that.
It's a reality that diversion does take place. There's no doubt about the fact that the whole 'War on Drugs' since the 80's has really made this a taboo issue to some........of course we can rewind history back in the days of prohibition when alcohol was the big 'diversion issue'.........
ok, i'll shut up.
This certainly has been very good discussion tho!
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (05-01-2010)