View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I called my neuro this morning, and told him how uniquely crappy I was feeling. (worst I'd felt since I had mono in 1996) and how uncomfortable I am at this moment, and he said which do you want...oral or IV?

I told him oral. I've since changed my mind and want IV.

Called the neuro's emergency number tonight because I felt even worse and started to have a panic attack and that made me feel even worse, and the guy on call told me that yes, I can have the IV steroids...told me to stick with the oral over the weekend, and to call my neuro on monday and tell him that I want the IV. (and a taper! didnt have the taper the last time I did IV and the crash was pretty horrific)

That neuro also asked if I have anything for the anxiety. Told him I did, and he told me to "please take some". (I'd kind of forgotten that I had that) Then told me that if I ever start to get all anxious again like I was feeling, that I should take another. (I never take it full strength. I took half of the dosage he told me to take, maybe not even that much)

I cant believe how much calmer I feel now after 1/4 of an Ativan. (dosage was supposed to be half of a .5mg pill. I couldnt find my splitter, and I had a 1/4 of a pill already ready, so I just took that)

I just want to know how long before the steroids start to make the numbness feel better. (they never did work on me last fall when my left hand went screwy)

I just want someone to take these really tight, hard INVISIBLE boots that are squeezing my feet to death and making them numb off my feet, and the three layers of (also invisible) corset that are tied around my waist followed with the 5 tight leather belts should probably also come off too.

and my butt is numb! I HATE having a numb butt! That happens when I sit on a hard chair or bench too long sometimes, but that always goes away when I stand up. This isnt!

I think this is torture. I'll admit to a ton of unsolved murder cases for the last 100 years to get this to stop.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote