View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update

This month my prescription was filled with branded sinemet from TWO different countries! Spain and France. They were also not boxed in the usual way, but came in a box the pharmacy supplied. I spoke to my pharmacist again on Tuesday about how my last prescription gave me unwanted effects, and how I was visibly less able to my family, one of whom was with me at the time. We compared tablets from the two, there was a slight almost imperceptible difference in color, but I would agree that certainly with the ones coming in from Spain, they are more fragile and crumbly. They also start dissolving the moment you take them. My experience with last month's supply, which appears to be the same as part of this months, is that they are iffy, sometimes working excellently, sometimes not kicking in at all, but always giving me effects not there with older stock.

A call was made, outlining the problem, and a new batch is on its way, apparently 'made for the UK', and the same as before....?? I believe that this is a tacit admission that there are differences, and that there is some kind of quality control issue. Why else would they offer this.......

What concerns me most is that there does not seem to be a traceable chain of supply, that there is no transparency, in what is regarded as an essential medication.

When I collect the new batch I am going to insist that a report on adverse effects be made. It is not enough to change what I receive - it's about everyone, not just me.

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote