View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi DC,

Again I wrote a post and erased it. No wonder my stress level gets up when I use this laptop.

I wanted to ask you if you thought about doing volenteer work. My Dr. got me involved in volenteering at the Vet's home and I love it. I go out and exercise with them several times a week, then we do coffee time and I am helping them with using computers. There is never a dull moment there. I listen to their stories of their lives and work puzzles with them.

My Dr. got me involved in it to get me out of the house. He didn't want me to stay so isolated and wanted to get my mind off of my pain sometimes. I'm making new friends too.

I know what you mean about your sister. My sister calls me about every other day from Ky. She says I'm her entertainment on the way home from work. She's kept me going for the past years by doing that. Her mood is always upbeat and we laugh a lot. We need that.

I hope you do find something to help get you out of the house and give you something to look forward to.

Isolation comes with RSD that's for sure. The pain keeps us from being able to visit with people most of the time.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-02-2010), loretta (05-01-2010)