View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to this site and lots of questions

I am so glad I found this site.

I have had neuropathy for about 8 years. It started with burning in the soles of my feet, and this past year has moved to the top of my feet and up my left leg. In addition, several toes on my right foot are going numb. My hands now feel like they are going to sleep.

I have diatebes (which the endo says is not the cause) and ankylosing spondylitis, a form of arthritis in which the spine fuses itself (and the rheumy says is not the cause). I am going to a neuro who has done all the nerve conductibity test and nothing has shown up. He is checking to see if any of the meds I am on could cause the problem, but it all started before I was on any of the meds.

With the arthritis I have spells where I am extremely tired and the only thing that seems to help is the oral steroids (predisone does not help so I take something stronger) and it helps the neuropatjy. But we all know that a couple days after taking them, everything returns again.

Several doctors suggested I try Adkins as the low carb is supposed to help with the neuropathy symptons, but I hate meat and see very little change. I am on lyrica, but it does things to the memory! And I have enough senior moments without meds causing more!

If anyone has any suggestions, I sure would appreciate it.
katikat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote