View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katikat View Post
Several doctors suggested I try Adkins as the low carb is supposed to help with the neuropathy symptons, but I hate meat and see very little change. I am on lyrica, but it does things to the memory! And I have enough senior moments without meds causing more!

If anyone has any suggestions, I sure would appreciate it.
Hi, katikat, I cant offer much help (yet), as I am new to both NP and this forum, but I can tell you to stick around, I have only been here two days but folks here are very welcoming, freindly, knowledgable, and helpful.

If low carb is suposed to help NP symptoms, that's more rotten news for me too ... to say that I eat a high carb diet, would surely be an understatement. I stopped eating meat about twenty years ago, not for health but for "animal welfare" reasons. That being said, I have never been much of a "fresh fruits and veggies" kind fo person, and probably have one of the worst diets possible, vegeterian or otherwise ... I dont know much about Adkins, but if you want to eat a protein-rich diet, there are fo course other sources for high protein, than jsut meat ... iwhs I could help more.

- "'Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Little Bill / Will Munny, "UNFORGIVEN"

dogzRbarkin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote