View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up Yep

The med thing was the first thing that came to mind......in particular, like skooz said, Cymbalta caused me a massive amount of sweating and overheating very easily.....Also back when I was on a high dose of Fentanyl Patch, the spikes in pain relief when changing 3 day old patch to a new patch caused severe chills/clammy/sick feeling (withdrawal-like symptoms).....so by going to a much lower dose of the patch, it kept it more evened out and the spikes are no longer happening.
When our hormones are effected, males OR females (example: opioids are a known culprit to deplete hormones), we can get 'hot flashes' and other strange episodes, not necessarily always 'menopausal' in nature....

physically, once I got my thyroid issues straightened out, it helped me to regulate my normal body heat, amongst other functions
Our Thyroid is our body's 'engine throttle'..... I had NO idea how important our thyroid is to our entire adrenal and endocrine system until blood tests revealed hyPOthyroid.......sluggish.....gained weight simply by breathing the air , intolerance to heat/cold extremes........

Regarding the dietary eating trigger......in my case the 'bad carbs' (sweets) triggered pain spikes/gluten intolerance issues.....
Maybe if you kept a simple journal of what you ate when you noticed the symptoms kick in.......I noticed on several occasions if I ate a few salty potato chips, It would spark a hot flash type of thing.......iodine reaction....?

Just throwing things out there......our bodies are all different of course....
Getting a glycemic/glucose tolerance test may help in either targeting a culprit or at least aid in the 'process of elimination' and ruling out things like diabetic risk factors, etc.
Probably need a good blood work up to see what your numbers are.....

It takes a frustrating amount of constant detective work......
I hope you can pin down some possible
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote