View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 04:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't suggest what they should do. I tell my story and they choose if they think it's something they can try. My dvd is 5 parts: 1) the MSNBC clip from 8/08 (on the PFP website); 2) slides of RAGBRAI 2009; 3) slides of what I do now, either biking outside or on a trainer when traveling or when the weather is poor; 4) slides of my "obsession", making quilts, which I started in 2007 and couldn't stop doing once I was on Mirapex. I still make lots, but not with the 3:00 a.m zeal that I did earlier; 5) the ABC-GMA clip that ran during RAGBRAI last summer. At the beginning I talk about getting the symptoms and how physically and mentally I was compromised. Then about losing most of my symptoms after training at a crazy pace for RAGBRAI. And about what life is like now. I feel more energized now that I have cut my medication in half because of the changes in my body from forced paced cycling.

I am clear to say that this is my experience and not to count on it being their experience. But for all of us sliding down this slippery slope, at least this is an ice axe they may be able to use to arrest the descent.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
natnat (11-19-2014)