View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

What a blast from the PAST!

When this movie came out, my son was about 7 or so. And I was eager to see it, because I read the book when I was about 12, myself (a librarian suggested it to me, seeing I was checking out nature books). Well, the novella, it was a short book, was written by a man from my state, Michigan, and based on his true story!(he was the hunter)

So we go to a Matinee on a Saturday and the whole theater is kids, and not many adults. Behind us all unchaparoned kids. Some young. Well in the first 5 minutes the little bear is orphaned (mother dies) and my son turns to me-- and a wave murmur in the audience moves thru the theater, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MOMMY? IS SHE REALLY DEAD.... etc!
From that point on, the kids were totally disruptive. I don't know if they expected some sugar coated funny movie or what?
They were running up and down the aisles for the rest, and mostly it was a very difficult thing to sit thru. Most didn't understand it, since there is no dialog or voice over. My son was whispering to me thru the whole thing!

So I went again later in time to a matinee in a mall this time, and there were only 2 of us then. I felt like it was a private screening! And I got to cry to my heart's content at the end without apologizing to anyone !

It is a beautiful movie tho. Very touching and well done!

Thanks Alffe!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (05-02-2010), Doody (05-11-2010), Kitty (05-11-2010)