View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default How soon do steroids start to work?

Does anyone know how quickly I should be expecting improvement after starting oral Prednisone?

I'm on the third day of a taper. It starts tapering down tomorrow. Should I have felt improvement by now? (there might have been a little improvement in my feet, but my torso feels a lot worse than it did. numbness begins at about the bottom of my ribs...or just below the lumpy bits of my chest area, and travels down on both sides now to my feet.)

I'm already considering (definitely planning on) asking the neuro for the more expensive and pain in the arm IVSM as soon as I get up tomorrow morning. (assuming I can get up)

I feel like I'm wearing a corset around my ribs and stomach and someone is pulling it tighter. The tightness in the small of my back feels a little better (that's moved up to the center of my back), and my feet dont quite feel as numb, and are a lot more tingly...I quit wearing socks because I think the socks were making my feet feel like they were number than they were.

A problem I was having with a certain body function (sorry...TMI) seems to feel like it's gotten a little better.

Basically it feels like I'm more uncomfortable in the torso area.

This really really really <bad word> <bad word> sucks!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote