Thread: Horrible pain
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well, I think you know my answer about going in. You are having persistent pain and a high BP.

The thing with the ankle brachial index is that it has to be done with an arm cuff, not a wrist, and it has to be done by a cardio tech. There's a certain way they do it. I tried to repeat it at home and couldn't. It's a concern when the arm is higher than the leg.

The upper left side of your body is where the spleen is. The stomach is about mid-upper to right. The aorta travels down on the middle left side. They divide the "trunk" into quadrants: i.e., upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right. It's hard for anyone to say what is going on without testing and a doctor! Or a testy doctor.

Do you have any bruising anywhere? Stomach or abdomen? Not that you should press but if you very gently press, does the pain increase. Oh, heck, you have to have a doctor do all this and ask you all this!!!!

I simply don't want anything happening to you, Tyson. The body gives us clues, some small and some huge. It seems to me that you are getting really LOUD clues that something is wrong. I wish you didn't have doctors who were deaf.

Go take care of yourself.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote