View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DBS also appears from footage shown to alleviate bradykinesia and rigidity in a dramatic way. Does this happen for everyone who has DBS? What was shown here on TV last week showed someone who travelled a lot more swiftly that I have been able to in years!

Peggy, you related DBS to shock therapy, and that drugs could be reduced after the procedure. And it is good for when dystonia and dyskinesia have become a big problem. These are side-effects of levo-dopa therapy as much as symptoms of PD. So is it the combination of the two that makes it something that patients are grateful for.... your outlining of the less beneficial side-effects of DBS indicate that there must be something powerfully anti-PD for so many to feel that they would do it again.

I too am happy for every single patient who genuinely benefits from treatment, no matter what it is.

I would be happier still if there was less hard sell, and more openness.
The side effects you describe are worrying, and so is the 19% in this study.
That is one in five almost....... so those people with the other experience, where are they, and what are their stories? Studies like this do not shed light on them.......
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote