View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, when the access-a-ride shows up, if there are no other passengers, I can ask the driver if he'll let Alan lay down with his legs over my lap.

On the left of the acess-a-ride is a two seat thing and on the right a one seat thing. So if no one is sitting in the two seat thing, Alan can lay down and put his legs on my lap. That would work fine. That is if the Acess-a-ride driver will bend the rules. If he speaks French (and most of them do) maybe I can impress them by conversing in French. I always do that and you should see the look on the those guys' faces when I start saying Bon Jour, Monsieur, comment t'allez vous, aujourd-hui. Good morning, how are you today?

They look at me and sometimes (like when I go to Cornell and it's an hour ride), we jabber away in French and the other people on the bus get hysterical, especially if some are italian, then I get to speak italian and french. One day, Alan said "i've got a headache from all these languages"

WE laugh on those rides. I do hope I get a nice driver that day. I'm also going to price a private taxi and if it's not too much, maybe we'll go that route.,

I phoned up Empire Blue Cross and asked them if they would cover an ambulette for the ride home but they said "sorry, we don't do that".
Oh well, it's one trip. Won't kill him.

mel
P.S. I just took his sugar, at 10 p.m. he ate dinner (turkeyburger, veggies, baked potato and salad at almost 7 pm. His sugar reading at 10 p.m. was 95.

Tomorrow morning, we'll do it again. before breakfast.

over and out.
melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote