View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I wasnt seeming to get anything from the steroids but insomnia. Maybe a little less tingling in my toes, but everything else has been feeling worse.

I got thru to my neuro this morning, and he said that I could go ahead and get the IVSM. But! That I had to go thru my regular doctor to get them. (he made me do it that way last year when I had the diplopia too)

So...I'm waiting for the regular doctor to get done writing up the order and scheduling me. I called them back a few minutes ago to see what was going on. Told them to try to get me in tomorrow. The nurse seemed a bit irritated, but said she'd try and call me back as soon as she could, but she was still waiting for Dr. C to write up the order.

Neuro told me that I could taper down after the IV with the leftovers from my current oral Rx. Told me to keep taking it until the day they can get me scheduled in. (which better be tomorrow) and then save the leftover oral pred for tapering down once I'm done with the IV. He always writes the Rx for a bit over what I actually need, so hopefully I'll have enough for the taper. (I still have 6 extras from last fall, and my mom has a nice stash of oral Pred upstairs from an allergy/asthma problem she had last year. So, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to taper down just fine)

I finally got some sleep this morning...for about an hour...when the houseguests decided that the wood floor directly above my bedroom was dirty and that they needed to use the noisy vacuum to clean up. At EIGHT AM!!! (that wood floor right above me, is like living inside a drum at times. Noise goes right thru that floor and it's directly over my bed)

Sleepy, grumpy me, on steroids and in the middle of a flaming MS flare was not happy. Even more unhappy to get told "yeah...whatever..." by one of them when I kvetched (complained) about getting woken up after finally falling asleep. Luckily I'm exhausted and MSish and do not have the energy to commit a homicide this morning. I wish I could say they were out trying to find themselves a more permanent place for themselves to live, but they just HAD to go on a day trip to South Dakota. (at least they're not here, driving me nuts)

It was nice that they were trying to clean up after themselves, but not at 8 in the morning. They know I'm feeling like crap and not sleeping well. But, they dont care. They were loud last night too. It just bugs me...whenever I've been a houseguest, I try not to get in the way of the host and I try my hardest to not make any noise if I can help it. Especially if I know one of the hosts is sick.

I still havent fallen back to sleep after getting woken up. I hate steroids! (and houseguests!) At least the houseguests are gone till later tonight.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-03-2010)