View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I think with getting out and doing things depends on how far along you are with controlling the RSD. Up until 3 years ago, I couldn't have done it. At least with volenteering we can sat our own pace. We can't get fired for not showing up.

Do you have kid, grandkids? I'm very involved with my two Grandson's. Tonight I am going to a spaggetti dinner to raise money for Devin's trip to Tennessee this month. His group of 6 took 2nd place in the state in acting. They wrote their own play and performed it. They go to Knoxville the end of this month to go against the other 49 states and 30 countries. I wish I could go with them but I can't do that. The boys spend a lot of time here and I am trying to help Dustin decide what he wants to take in College after he graduates next year.

As far as volenteering, I really enjoy it. The vets have war stories to tell and they are very inspiring. They are very upbeat.

You can also PM me too if you want someone to talk to. I am also having fun on facebook, hooking up with relatives I haven't seen in years. Think about that too along with coming here to talk to people.

I gained 15 lbs. on Lyrica and have only been able to get 5 of it off.

Do you and your sister go out any? Maybe she could help get you out more.

Ada
This is such an important post..Thank you dc... The word creative is so what it is about..We have to fill the void..I call it the hole in my heart..that RSD leaves us with..And I think unless you are in our shoes and on our side of the slow rolling track..you can't understand it...I have said that this hole is so big and deep that I can feel it when I move sometimes..Again..it is part of the deck of cards we have been generously been dealt, BUT it is how we play those cards that is important...we don't have the option not to live with this animal... so we have to figure out what does it for us all.... Keep in mind even tho we fill the void with things that do warm our hearts... we will still have times where the hole still breaks thru... just not as often...that is to be expected...but in the mean time..find the joy in your life andsay what you need to say..Oh boy ain't that the truth...cuz we no longer have yesterday..we are not promised tomorrow..we only have today.....

Here is my favorite saying.... LIFE is not about waiting for the storm to pass..... LIFE is about learning to dance in the rain... OMG so true...

I luv ya family!!

Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-03-2010)