View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hope you feel better!

In the past he's wanted me to take some lyrica when I get a flare, I don't take lyrica on a regular basis because I feel all zombie like and hungover on it. Well, I also seem to get violent in my sleep when I take it So that is a no go . . . . Currently the only treatment modalities I have when things get bad are my regular scheduled meds, tens unit, relaxation, and rest . . . .

What sorts of meds or other treatments do you guys find useful for breakthrough pain/flares?

Hi Holly! I wanted to answer for myself about what I use. Lyrica makes me a zombie too, but it really helps me a lot. some people have/had different dosages of it to get through different parts of the day maybe 50 if needed to drive in the next few hours and 150 when I was home for the day.

I had 5 rounds of the multipack steroids, which helped. I've tried neurontin and all the antidepressants except 2 effexor; they all made me sick to the point of having to stop. I took viciprofin for about a year and tried other options. I'll be going back to that in a few days. we've been trying percocet and I'm still trying to feel okay, but I feel like I have to stay with it until the week is up regardless.

There are lots of meds that may make a difference for you. There are lots of threads here about different treatment options. I'm really glad your bf is understanding. I hope you can have a wonderfully happy and sufficiently peaceful life together!

Wishing you well,