View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Horses as therapy

Hi all horse lovers, I just wanted to post sharing the love and joy that horses bring, and in their own way they bring some pain relief.

If I have done it successfully, I hope to have uploaded a photo of a friends horse I was allowed to compete, called 'Pumpkin'. I had such a ball with him. While Im riding my dressage test, its like the pain gets put in a box, then when its all over it comes back with avengence but it is so worth it.

I hate to wear my riding boots and I detest wearing jodphurs as they are so tight on my legs but I wear them most days to try and de-sensitise my legs as much as I can.

I also have a cat called Bubbles, a stray who decided he would like to live with me. Each night he sleeps on my bed, by my pillow, and when the pain gets bad, there is some relief in stroking him and hearing him purr. Animals are wonderful.

If I could have the horses inside the house I would!!

My RSD came about by a horse accident - I 'squahed' my brachial plexus nerve under my collar bone when I was holding a horse, having dental treatment, but in no way do I ever blame them. I am just grateful that they can play a part in my rehab and making my days bearable.
Attached Thumbnails
Horses as therapy-pumpkin-jpg  
2claws is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-06-2010)