View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn,
I started having absence sz. when I was 10 yrs. old and 2 yrs. later I started to have complex partial sz. where I would start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, hear one word repeated over and over again, smack my lips and wander around the house. When the sz. first started I was concsious when I saw colors and would hear one word repeated over and over again after that I would blank out and when I came out of the sz. I would find myself in another room and not remember how I got there or what happened.
An E.E.G. should show if there's any activity or brain damage causing the sz. I do know that sometimes a person who is A.D.H.D. or A.D.D. can have sz. My best advice to you is to cut your son back on sweets, carbohydrates, and to much protein this is known as the ketogenic diet. which will reduce and in many cases stop sz. Also be sure to get a calendar and write down what time your son had any sz. along with a discription of the sz. By doing this you and the neuro may see a pattern as to what days of the month and what time of the day/night your son is more likely to have any sz. Take note if your son is sick, or if there's a low pressure in the weather because that can trigger sz. for some people just like certain colors, sounds and keep him away from cell phones and nutra sweet because it has been proven that the use of cell phones and nutra sweet cause more electrical activity in the brain which can trigger sz. You might want to try putting your son on vitamin B 12 it has helped reduce my sz. a lot. Here's wishing you and your son only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ives6797 (05-04-2010)