View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Follow up to my original post with more info - thanks to all for trying to help

Hi again everyone. Thanks to all for taking the time to respond to my post. This follow up reply is a real attempt to try to determine the cause of my total body sweats/chills and to try to find a way to treat them. I am having a hard time finding any concrete documentation about total body sweats/chills being a direct CRPS symptom and if so , how to treat it. I have heard both doctors and patients (including some who responded here) tell me causally that total body sweats/chills are a symptom of CRPS. But when I look for documentation I am having trouble finding any. If anyone knows of a link or other documentation that specifically refers to total body sweats/chills as a CRPS symptom, please reply with the info. Thanks.

In response to those who were kind enough to try to help with their replies to my original post, here is a little more detail about my condition. I am a guy so the female sweating issues don’t apply. My medications are stable and have been for a while. I see my doctors regularly, and I have my blood checked at least every 6 months. I am not diabetic and have been checked multiple times. The pre diabetic Fasting Insulin Test may be worth a try just to rule it out. I am not on Methadone, Lidocaine, Cymbalta, Strattera, Fentanyl, SSRI or SNRI medications. I take Aspirin (not every day) as needed but get sweats/chills both on and off the Aspirin. I avoid caffeine. I could have a food intolerance or allergy, but I get the sweats/chills all the time eating or not eating.

I definitely have suffered a traumatic Neuropathy leading to CRPS and I am trying to determine if it is the cause of the sweats/chills. I do take Opiates regularly and for many years for the CRPS pain. I see from one of the replies this can cause sweating. I have long wondered if the Opiates are the cause of the sweats/chills, and they very well may be. But over 10+ years I have been on various levels of Opiates from low to high to low again. I would think that if the sweats/chills were a direct result of the Opiates, then I would have more sweats/chills on high doses and less on low doses (maybe). But what I have is a gradual worsening and intensifying sweats/chills that started a few years after the original injury and then worsened till now 10 years later. Thanks again to all those that replied and have tried to help, and God Bless You All.
bernclay2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (05-04-2010), Kakimbo (05-10-2010), mrsD (05-04-2010)