View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi~
I'm Jan. I've been nicknamed LS because nancy-h is older than me!

I've been battling weight all of my life. I've never been considered "normal weight" for my height. I would try a new diet, lose weight while on that diet, then go off the diet and of course the weight would come back on. I think I am addicted to food. If I know there is some "good food" out there (pastries are my favorite) I just can't wait to eat them! I need this support group to help motivate me to lose some weight, exercise, and maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I just hit the BIG 5-0 this year. Let's hear a YAY! I'm a widowed (1985) & divorced (2003) mom of a 29 year old daughter and 26 year old son and a "Dramma" to a beautiful 3 year old grandaughter (8-1-2003). I've been on SSD since August 2005.

I've only been diagnosed with all of these "conditions" since October 2004. The conditions are: Arachnoiditis, Idiopathic Large and Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy, Fibromyalgia, DDD, Osteoarthritis, L3/4 & L5/S1 Disc Herniations, Low Grade Cancer, Degenerative Arthritis Spine, Facets & Hips, Depression, Intrasacral Meningocele, Straightening of Cervical Lordosis, Diffuse Disc Bulge C 4/C5, Bursitis in hips, Emphysema, Migraines, MRSA, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, and IBS.

It's been a wild two years to say the least!

I'm glad to have found so many friends, who have turned into family, on the "BABE" forum on the other BT. (We called it the BABE forum because it sounded so much better than "Obesity and Neurological Disorders"!) We all adopted each other, I am so thankful for that, and I hope to add many more to the family here!

I can't wait to get back with the gang and meet all the new friends! The more support, ideas, recipes, tips, and friends we have, the better!

Thanks for starting this thread--super idea! I thank DocJohn for coming to our rescue too! I'm hoping he'll make this thread a stickie so everyone can introduce themselves, and we can always be adding to this and/or changing ours. Come on guys lets hear about YOU!!

Hugs,
Jan aka LS

Last edited by janster; 11-28-2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: just cuz
janster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote