View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The blood work can be misleading. If you are withing the 'normal' range, they let it go. But to mTBI subjects, the low end of the normal range can be too low. We need to be in the high end of the normal range.

You may not be having EEG definition seizures, but you likely are having a pseudo-seizure. Something is misfiring. The amnesia, jerks and follow-up tiredness all point to some form of strain on your brain.

The tingling arm/hand needs to be addressed too. I would keep looking for someone who can find a cervical or upper back cause for this. It does not fit with brain trauma. It is a result of the neck/back trauma.

There are multi-disciplinary spine clinics in many areas. They will include Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Massage, neuro-surgery (especially its minimally invasive forms). There are spine decompression devices that can be helpful.

I am spoiled by my extraordinary PT. She has skills that are extremely rare. Have you tried interviewing various PT clinics? Some will offer techniques that are specific to whiplash. There is a chiropractor at the Oregon Health and Science University who does research and teaches about the difficulties with whiplash. I do not know if this email address still works but you could try it. forensictrauma at gmail.com Replace the at with @ and no spaces. He is Dr Michael Freeman. You could also google him. Here is link to an article he has written http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Icwk911GnF1v_Q I found it by googling his email address.

btw, Unless you have a seizure during the EEG or in the neuro's office, they will rarely diagnose any seizure condition. My wife sees me blank out and often my face will get a stern look. Now she knows what these episodes are.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote