Thread: New drugs???
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Drugs

Jessica,
I am absolutely where you are as far as preferring tired and weak over drugged up. I too am on pred and am down to 20 every other day. My Neuro is finally ready to get me off of them due to the horrible side effects. I was on cellcept for about 6 weeks and also had horrible side effects from it. My worst side effect was memory loss comparable to demensia. I would be right in the middle of something and completely forget what I was doing, I was forgetting numbers for passwords and codes which I have never had a problem with. It caused a pretty severe depression and my insomnia came back with a vengeance. I literally felt like I wasn't the same person anymore. I saw my neuro last week and he said we need to simplify the meds. I told him I am ALL for that. He stopped the cellcept and lowered my pred. He thinks some of my mental and cognitive issues are pred related but that the cellcept just made them all worse. He asked me if I was suicidal and wanted me to tell him the day, month, year and where I was. He was very concerned with the memory loss and depression. I had taken in a list of my meds so I wouldn't forget anything and he looked at it and asked me why I was on Thorazine. I am not on Thorazine but Trazadone to help me sleep. I told him that is exactly the kind of things I am talking about forgetting or getting wrong that scare me to death. This all happened a week ago and I am already feeling much better. My head is so much clearer and my depression is lessening by the day. I am also going in a little different direction and am using more vitamins and eating more raw fruits, vegs and juices and just an all over healtheir diet. That also has helped alot. My vision is so much better I have been able to read before bed again!!! Oh one other big problem with Imuran and Cellcept is that they put you at a higher risk for some cancers including melanoma. I told my neuro I felt better before they started me on all the meds than I do now. I feel like the drugs were killing me. I think you are VERY wise to think long and hard about adding one of these drugs. I am determined to control my MG as much as possible with diet, exercise, sleep, keeping my stress under control and just taking some time to focus on trying to get my body healthy again. Like I said I feel better already. If you want me to give you more details about what I am doing email me privately and I'll give you the rundown. Take care of yourself and it is nice to see you back on here~~~
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (05-05-2010)