View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I had one too with the first neurologist I saw. I picked her just because she was close to my house. She told me I was making up my symptoms because I had repressed issues (ie "you're a nut") and that I never really even had a concussion (even though I was diagnosed in the ER and then at my GP and had no symptoms before the injury). No joking, this after she talked to me for a few minutes. She didn't even offer me any Paxil! I was furious when I left her office, then sat in my car and cried. It was so rotten to go to someone for help and be treated like that. I think some doctors just don't want to deal with you if you don't fit in a neat little peghole so they write you off as a wacko.
I can so related to this w/ my daughter. While the doctors didn't deny she had a concussion, they were convinced she had some sort of pre-existing psychological issues causing the bulk of her issues. They basically thought she was "nuts" and passed us off to the behavioral medicine folks. They evaluated her and said she had classic PCS w/ no underlying issues.

Keep trying until you find a doctor that will listen to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Mark mentioned upper cervical chiropractic. A friend referred me to one months ago but I did the PT thing first (it didn't help me this time, although it has in the past) and I honestly didn't want to make the drive because it's 45 minutes from my house, plus my insurance doesn't cover it. I finally went this week and it is already making a difference.
My daughter has been seeing a NUCCA chiropractor for a couple of weeks. Things were really out of whack. I was obvious on the x-rays and also in her posture. I think it is making a difference also. Her headaches have been decreasing in severity and frequency. She was actually headache free today for the first time in a long time. I also think she is a little more focused. Getting her moving in the AM is still an issue but once up for a couple of hours, she seems to have an normal amount of energy.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote