View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default familiar tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliec View Post
RRRRRRrrrrr!

Finally went to the neurologist yesterday and it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think he believed anything I said and he ended up giving me a prescription for Paxil. So basically, he thinks it's anxiety?
Ugh I am so frustrated with these doctors!

hi juliec
I an afraid this is a familiar tale, with GP or PC doctor,s it is something they can treat , and also perhaps neurologist. there are psychological effects of PCS/TBI, I think we would all agree with that . but they are a result of the injury . not underling psychology

I was placed on Prozac and had a real bad reaction psychologically,volcanic mood swings

my then doctor,was at the limit of his knowledge, I have just been placed on another drug for for migraine and sleep epilepsy its given me a skin complaint, so I am back to squire one, but now itchy LOL

I would never advise someone not to try a treatment a doctor has prescribed it may help you

the not being believed, is real vexing even at my head injury group some of the staff there think, due to my IQ that I am fixed, they cant see it maybe there own vanity, or social services targets thats coloring there judgment and you would think they should know better HUH

you have to have known some one pre injury to notice the change

or know how hard we try to regain our pre injury selves

best wishes keep us posted
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote